Current:Home > InvestMassachusetts couple charged with casting ballots in New Hampshire -Wealth Evolution Experts
Massachusetts couple charged with casting ballots in New Hampshire
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-06 22:46:14
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — A Massachusetts couple have been indicted on suspicion of casting ballots in New Hampshire despite living outside the state, according to prosecutors.
The couple, ages 56 and 54, each face three felony counts of wrongful voting, New Hampshire Attorney General John Formella announced last week.
According to the indictments, they voted multiple times in Concord despite being domiciled in Massachusetts.
Specifically, the two are alleged to have voted in the Nov, 3, 2020, general election; the Nov. 8, 2022, general election; and the Nov, 8, 2022, Concord School District election. They are believed to have lived in Ashland, Massachusetts, at the time of each of the elections.
An attorney one of the accused did not immediately return an email seeking comment. It was unclear whether the other had a lawyer to speak on his behalf.
The two are scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Merrimack County Superior Court, according to Formella.
veryGood! (97)
Related
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- Go All Out This Memorial Day with These Kate Spade Outlet Deals – $36 Wristlets, $65 Crossbodies & More
- American Airlines drops law firm that said a 9-year-old girl should have seen camera on toilet seat
- The 17 Best Memorial Day 2024 Deals on Celeb Brands: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson Home & More
- Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
- Dolly Parton to spotlight her family in new album and docuseries 'Smoky Mountain DNA'
- New lawsuit accuses Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexually abusing college student in the 1990s
- Kabosu, the memeified dog widely known as face of Dogecoin, has died, owner says
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- Colombia moves to protect holy grail of shipwrecks that sank over 3 centuries ago with billions of dollars in treasure
Ranking
- Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
- New lawsuit accuses Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexually abusing college student in the 1990s
- Workers at Georgia school bus maker Blue Bird approve their first union contract
- 11-year-old graduates California junior college, has one piece of advice: 'Never give up'
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- North Carolina judge properly considered jurors’ request in murder trial, justices decide
- Missing womens' bodies found buried on farm property linked to grandma accused in complex murder plan, documents show
- Sean Diddy Combs accused of sexually abusing and drugging NYC college student in 1990s, lawsuit says
Recommendation
New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
American is flying home after getting suspended sentence for ammo possession in Turks and Caicos
Nepali climber smashes women's record for fastest Mount Everest ascent
Oreo maker Mondelez hit with $366 million antitrust fine by EU
Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
A man found bones in his wine cellar. They were from 40,000-year-old mammoths.
Why Kate Middleton’s New Portrait Has the Internet Divided
NYC college suspends officer who told pro-Palestinian protester ‘I support killing all you guys’