Current:Home > MySean "Diddy" Combs accused of sexually abusing and drugging NYC college student in 1990s, lawsuit says -Wealth Evolution Experts
Sean "Diddy" Combs accused of sexually abusing and drugging NYC college student in 1990s, lawsuit says
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 17:58:35
A woman who says Sean "Diddy" Combs subjected her to violence and abuse over several years in the 1990s filed a lawsuit in New York accusing the rapper of sexual assault, battery and gender-motivated violence.
April Lampros, who met Combs in 1994 when she was a college student, described several "terrifying sexual encounters" with him including being forced to take ecstasy and have sex with Combs' late former girlfriend Kim Porter.
"I'm confident that justice will prevail and the veil will be removed so no other woman will have to endure what I did," Lampros said in a statement provided by her attorney to CBS News.
Lampros' lawsuit, filed Thursday in state court in Manhattan, comes after a series of allegations against the embattled hip-hop mogul. A former model accused Combs of sexually assaulting her at his New York City recording studio in 2003 in a separate lawsuit filed earlier this week.
Lampros, 51, said in the lawsuit that she was a student at New York City's Fashion Institute of Technology when she met Combs, who showered her with gifts and promised to help her achieve her dream of a career in fashion.
The relationship turned abusive and coercive, according to the lawsuit.
Lampros said Combs raped her in a Manhattan hotel room in 1995. She passed out and woke up the next morning "nude, sore, and confused," according to the suit.
On another occasion, Lampros said, Combs forced her to perform oral sex on him in a parking garage.
"She could see the parking garage attendant witnessing this horrifying assault," the lawsuit alleges.
Combs also allegedly forced Lampros and Porter to have sex with each other in his apartment in 1996 after he had shoved ecstasy pills down their throats, according to the lawsuit.
"Ms. Lampros vocally opposed this idea, but Mr. Combs quickly reminded her that she had no control over the situation as he could make her lose her job," the lawsuit said.
Porter died of pneumonia in 2018.
According to the lawsuit, Lampros also allegedly "discovered that Mr. Combs recorded and disclosed a tape of him having sex with her."
A message seeking comment on Lampros' accusations was sent to an attorney for Combs.
The Associated Press does not typically identify victims of sexual assault by name unless they publicly identify themselves, as Lampros has.
The lawsuits filed by Lampros and the former model come days after CNN aired security video that shows Combs attacking singer Cassie in a Los Angeles hotel hallway in 2016. Combs on Sunday released a video admitting he attacked Cassie in the hotel hallway, saying he was "truly sorry" and his actions were "inexcusable."
On Thursday, Cassie shared a statement on social media, thanking her supporters for their "outpouring of love."
"Domestic violence is THE issue. It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become," she said. "With a lot of hard work, I am better today but I will always be recovering from my past."
A lawsuit filed by Cassie in November alleging beatings and abuse was settled a day after it was filed. It prompted increased scrutiny of Combs, with additional lawsuits filed in the following months, along with a federal criminal sex-trafficking investigation that led to raids of Combs' mansions in Los Angeles and Miami.
- In:
- Lawsuit
- Sexual Abuse
- Sean "Diddy" Combs
veryGood! (58627)
Related
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Niger junta accuses France of amassing forces for a military intervention after the coup in July
- Biden highlights business deals and pays respects at John McCain memorial to wrap up Vietnam visit
- Escaped prisoner may have used bedsheets to strap himself to a truck, UK prosecutor says
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor
- 'The Nun 2' scares up $32.6 million at the box office, takes down 'Equalizer 3' for No. 1
- Visit from ex-NFL star Calvin Johnson helps 2 children and their families live with cancer
- Global Warming Set the Stage for Los Angeles Fires
- Florida football coach suspends himself after video shows him verbally attacking player
Ranking
- Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
- College football Week 2 winners, losers: Texas may really be back, Alabama seems in trouble
- Rihanna and A$AP Rocky's 1-month-old son's name has been revealed: Reports
- California school district to pay $2.25M to settle suit involving teacher who had student’s baby
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- Florida football coach suspends himself after video shows him verbally attacking player
- With Rubiales finally out, Spanish soccer ready to leave embarrassing chapter behind
- Police announce another confirmed sighting of escaped murderer on the run in Pennsylvania
Recommendation
$73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
Explosives drop steel trestle Missouri River bridge into the water along I-70 while onlookers watch
Escaped murderer slips out of search area, changes appearance and tries to contact former co-workers
The death toll from floods in Greece has risen to 15 after 4 more bodies found, authorities say
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Dolphins' Tyreek Hill after 215-yard game vs. Chargers: 'I feel like nobody can guard me'
Horoscopes Today, September 9, 2023
Visit from ex-NFL star Calvin Johnson helps 2 children and their families live with cancer