Current:Home > InvestGolden Bachelorette's Guy Gansert Addresses Ex's Past Restraining Order Filing -Wealth Evolution Experts
Golden Bachelorette's Guy Gansert Addresses Ex's Past Restraining Order Filing
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 22:16:48
Another Golden Bachelorette contestant is speaking out after their past has come to the surface.
The ex-wife of Guy Gansen, one of several hopefuls competing for Joan Vassos' final rose on the ABC dating show, filed for a temporary protection order against the contestant in 2021 before withdrawing the application three weeks later, according to court records obtained by E! News Oct. 10.
Gansen—an emergency room doctor from Reno, Nevada—addressed the matter on social media.
"This was an unfortunate situation that occurred during an incredibly stressful time for me and my former spouse and was ultimately resolved when she voluntarily dismissed her request for a protective order," the 66-year-old said in a statement on Instagram Oct. 10. "Together we crafted a resolution that was agreeable to both parties."
Gansen said he and his ex had recently asked the court to seal her TPO application because they had "hoped to maintain privacy for our family." He added, "But, I know that with being in the public eye comes responsibility."
The reality show contestant, who Joan had chosen on The Golden Bachelorette's most recent Oct. 9 episode to advance to the next round, also reflected on his previous relationship and the way it ended.
"My ex-wife and I were married for 34 years and in that time had four children who we raised together and deeply love. They are my greatest accomplishment," he said. "My divorce was extremely difficult for me and led me to a very low point in my life and as a result I acted in a way that does not represent who I am."
Gansen continued, "The past few years have caused me to conduct a deep personal evaluation, and I will always continue to work to improve myself. I am so appreciative of The Golden Bachelorette and Bachelor Nation as well as my family, who have been exceptionally supportive during the most difficult times in my life. I am eternally grateful for them."
As part of her application for a temporary restraining order, Gansen's wife had alleged that the physician had sent her text messages “trying to reconcile then flipping to anger,” and that he later “physically tried to threaten" her, according to an emergency motion obtained by People.
According to the outlet, she also alleged that on the day she filed for the order, which was never put in place before it was dismissed, Gansert had placed something under her tire after running into her with his sister at the gym and then allegedly "motioned like he was going to shoot me with his hand shaped like a pistol."
E! News has reached out to ABC for comment and has not heard back.
A source close to the production told E! News in a statement that they "learned from Mr. Gansert during our vetting process that an application for a Temporary Protective Order was filed against him from his ex-wife after a disagreement but confirmed that it was never granted, as Mr. Gansert’s ex-wife voluntarily dismissed the application shortly after the filing.
The statement continued, "Therefore, he was cleared to continue through the casting process."
The latest news from the franchise comes three weeks after it was revealed that a woman had filed for a temporary domestic violence restraining order against former Golden Bachelorette contestant Gil Ramirez, alleging that he is her ex and had emotionally harassed her.
She filed the papers in June, just days before the inaugural season of ABC's Golden Bachelor spinoff entered production. The order was initially granted and then dismissed after a month due to lack of prosecution.
E! News previously reached out to Ramirez and the TV network for comment and has not heard back.
At the time, a source close to the Golden Bachelorette told E! News that the production was "recently made" aware of the TRO filed against Ramirez.
"This filing occurred in the brief period between completion of our thorough background investigation and exhaustive vetting process, and the beginning of production," the source said. "As a result of this newly confirmed information, we have further edited his already limited screen time and minimized him in promotional assets moving forward."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (119)
Related
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- After yearslong fight and dozens of deaths, EPA broadens ban on deadly chemical
- Roaring Kitty trader returns, causing GameStop shares to jump more than 70%
- NFL scores legal victory in ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden's lawsuit against league
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Air Force instructor pilot dies after ejection seat activates during ground operations
- Man accused of killing his family in Mississippi shot dead in 'gunfight' with Arizona troopers
- Attacks on law enforcement increased, but fewer were killed in 2023, according to new federal data
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- Georgia’s governor and others pile into state court race where challenger has focused on abortion
Ranking
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Caitlin Clark’s ready for her WNBA regular-season debut as Fever take on Connecticut
- Zayn Malik Reveals His Relationship Status After Gigi Hadid Breakup—And Getting Kicked Off Tinder
- Apple says, 'We're sorry' for 'Crush' iPad Pro ad that seems to demolish creativity
- What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
- 8 dead, at least 40 injured as farmworkers’ bus overturns in central Florida
- Powerball winning numbers for May 13 drawing: Jackpot grows to $59 million
- Satellite images show what the historic geomagnetic storm looked like from space
Recommendation
NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
Apple Music reveals more albums on its 100 Best Albums of all-time list. See numbers 90-81
Reports: Wisconsin-Green Bay to name Fox Sports radio host Doug Gottlieb as basketball coach
Naval Academy plebes end their first year with daunting traditional climb of Herndon Monument
South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
Seattle Times publisher Frank Blethen to step down after 4 decades in charge of family-owned paper
Vermont Legislature passes one of the strongest data privacy measures in the country
Attacks on law enforcement increased, but fewer were killed in 2023, according to new federal data