Current:Home > StocksLewis Capaldi Taking Break From Touring Amid Journey With Tourette Syndrome -Wealth Evolution Experts
Lewis Capaldi Taking Break From Touring Amid Journey With Tourette Syndrome
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 19:30:54
Lewis Capaldi is taking a step back from the stage.
The "Before You Go" singer, 26, recently announced he's taking a break from touring as he continues to navigate living with Tourette syndrome.
The news came after Capaldi's performance at Glastonbury Festival in England on June 24. The musician—who'd previously informed followers he was canceling all engagements in the weeks leading up the show so he could "take a moment to rest and recover"—told the crowd he was losing his voice, according to The Guardian, and the audience members showed their support by coming together to sing the words to his hit song "Someone You Loved" in a moving moment.
In a message posted to Instagram June 27, Capaldi expressed his appreciation to the festival attendees for "singing along when I needed it and for all the amazing messages afterwards," noting "it really does mean the world." However, he said he wouldn't be able to continue with the scheduled tour.
"The fact that this probably won't come as a surprise doesn't make it any easier to write," Capaldi stated, "but I'm very sorry to let you know I'm going to be taking a break from touring for the foreseeable future."
As the "Forget Me" artist explained, touring for him isn't the same as it once was and he needs to take some time for himself.
"I used to be able to enjoy every second of shows like this and I'd hoped 3 weeks away would sort me out," he continued. "But the truth is I'm still learning to adjust to the impact of my Tourette's and on Saturday it became obvious that I need to spend much more time getting my mental and physical health in order, so I can keep doing everything I love for a long time to come."
Capaldi then expressed his appreciation for everyone who's supported him in his journey.
"I know I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to take some time out when others can't," he added, "and I'd like to thank my amazing family, friends, team, medical professionals and all of you who've been so supportive every step of the way through the good times and even more so during this past year when I've needed it more than ever."
And he hopes to return to the stage one day.
"I'm so incredibly sorry to everyone who had planned to come to a show before the end of the year but I need to feel well to perform at the standard you all deserve," he wrote. "Playing for you every night is all I've ever dreamed of so this has been the most difficult decision of my life. I'll be back as soon as I possibly can. All my love, always, Lewis x."
Capaldi first told fans about his Tourette syndrome diagnosis during an Instagram Live in September 2022.
"It was like, 'Oh that makes a lot of f--king sense," he said on an April episode of The Jonathan Ross Show about receiving his diagnosis. "I was like, 'Why am I like this?' I thought I had a degenerative disease. So to be told that it was, in fact, that I have Tourette's, as you can imagine, was quite the relief."
Since then, Capaldi has continued to speak about living with Tourette syndrome as well as battling anxiety—including in his recent Netflix documentary Lewis Capaldi: How I'm Feeling Now. And he's expressed how it's helped make him feel less alone.
"It's nice to hear people are able to take something from it," he added on The Jonathan Ross Show. "Because I thought I was quite alone in the fact that I was twitchy. But then loads of people came out and were like, 'Oh I've got the exact same twitch that you've got.'"
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (2)
Related
- Hackers hit Rhode Island benefits system in major cyberattack. Personal data could be released soon
- Remains of Suzanne Morphew found 3 years after her disappearance
- Murder suspect mistakenly released from Indianapolis jail captured in Minnesota
- China’s defense minister has been MIA for a month. His ministry isn’t making any comment
- Toyota to invest $922 million to build a new paint facility at its Kentucky complex
- A woman is suing McDonald's after being burned by hot coffee. It's not the first time
- ExxonMobil loses bid to truck millions of gallons of crude oil through central California
- Indiana state comptroller Tera Klutz will resign in November after nearly 7 years in state post
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Officials cement plans for Monday's $250 million civil fraud trial against Trump
Ranking
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- Officials cement plans for Monday's $250 million civil fraud trial against Trump
- Man pleads guilty to smuggling-related charges over Texas deaths of 53 migrants in tractor-trailer
- Analysis: By North Korean standards, Pvt. Travis King’s release from detention was quick
- Federal hiring is about to get the Trump treatment
- Hollywood actors to resume negotiations with studios next week as writers strike ends
- 2 found dead after plane crash launched massive search
- A Florida man and dog were attacked by a rabid otter. Here's what to know about the symptoms and treatment.
Recommendation
Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers opens up about multiple strokes: 'I couldn't speak'
'Candelaria': Melissa Lozada-Oliva tackles cannibalism and yoga wellness cults in new novel
Proof Patrick Mahomes Was Enchanted to Meet Taylor Swift After Game With Travis Kelce
Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
Court rejects Donald Trump’s bid to delay trial in wake of fraud ruling that threatens his business
Slightly fewer number of Americans apply for jobless benefits as layoffs remain rare
House Republicans make their case for President Biden impeachment inquiry at first hearing