Current:Home > InvestKate Middleton and Prince William "Moved" by Public's Support Following Her Cancer News -Wealth Evolution Experts
Kate Middleton and Prince William "Moved" by Public's Support Following Her Cancer News
Johnathan Walker View
Date:2025-04-07 03:39:46
Kate Middleton and Prince William are thanking their supporters amid a harrowing time.
A Kensington Palace spokesperson issued a statement on their behalf March 23, one day after the Princess of Wales announced in a video message that she had been diagnosed with cancer.
"The Prince and Princess are both enormously touched by the kind messages from people here in the UK, across the Commonwealth and around the world in response to Her Royal Highness' message," read the statement, shared by outlets such as the BBC, which had filmed Kate's announcement. "They are extremely moved by the public's warmth and support and are grateful for the understanding of their request for privacy at this time."
In the video, filmed March 20 at Windsor and released March 22, Kate broke her silence about her health amid growing speculation about her well-being during her ongoing hiatus from royal duties that began after she underwent abdominal surgery in January.
"At the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," the 42-year-old said. "However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
Kate, who shares children Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5, with her husband, added, "This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family."
She continued, "We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery."
Many of the prince and princess' family members, including King Charles III—who was recently diagnosed with cancer himself—and Queen Camilla, Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle and the princes' uncle Charles Spencer—brother of their late mother Princess Diana, have publicly expressed their well-wishes to Kate. Read their messages below.
The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum, who has herself been battling cancer for years, wrote on Instagram, "I admire your strength thru the endless onslught you've been under while going through cancer."
On March 22, 2024, Kensington Palace released a video of Kate Middleton revealing that she is undergoing treatment for cancer, which was discovered after she had abdominal surgery in January.
"Wales and the World is with you HRH Princess of Wales," Zeta-Jones, who was born in Wales and was made a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) by now-King Charles III in 2011, wrote on Instagram. "Love to you always."
The Newsroom alum, who revealed March 13 she has been battling breast cancer, commented on Kensington Palace's Instagram video of Kate, "Thank you for showing what it's like to fight with grace and determination for yourself and your family. Wishing you all the best."
"We are praying for your full & complete recovery & for strength of mind, body & spirit for you & your entire family," the Rizzoli & Isles alum commented on Kensington Palace's video of Kate. "Thank you for your beautiful spirit & courage."
The media personality, fiancée of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, commented on the post as well, writing, "Sending love."
"My thoughts are with the Princess of Wales, Prince of Wales, the Royal Family and in particular her three children at this difficult time," he said in a statement on X. "The Princess of Wales has the love and support of the whole country as she continues her recovery. She has shown tremendous bravery with her statement today."
He added, "I know I speak for the whole country in wishing her a full and speedy recovery and look forward to seeing her back in action when she's ready."
Speaking at a press briefing following news of Kate's health battle, she said their thoughts are with the princess "and her family members and friends during this incredibly difficult time," adding, "certainly we wish her a full recovery."
"Over the years, we have climbed many mountains together," Kate's brother wrote on Instagram, alongside a childhood pic of the two, after she revealed her health diagnosis. "As a family, we will climb this one with you too."
The ninth Earl Spencer, brother of the late Princess Diana and Prince William and Prince Harry's uncle, wrote on Instagram, "Incredible poise and strength."
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who stepped back as senior royals in 2020 and live in California, said in a statement to NBC News, "We wish health and healing for Kate and the family and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace."
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said the King, who shared his own cancer diagnosis in February, is "so proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking as she did."
In fact, Charles has "remained in the closest contact with his beloved daughter-in-law throughout the past weeks," the rep told NBC News, adding that both he and Camilla "will continue to offer their love and support to the whole family through this difficult time."
"You are brave," President Joe Biden's wife wrote on X, "and we love you."
"On behalf of Canadians, I’m sending my support as she undergoes treatment," he wrote on X. "We’re all wishing her a swift recovery."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (76187)
Related
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- The Book Worm Bookstore unites self-love and literacy in Georgia
- Inside Pregnant Bhad Bhabie's Love Story-Themed Baby Shower
- Washington state Senate unanimously approves ban on hog-tying by police
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- Miss Japan Winner Karolina Shiino Renounces Title After Alleged Affair
- Adult dancers in Washington state want a strippers’ bill of rights. Here’s how it could help them.
- Legislative staffer suspended after confrontation with ‘Tennessee Three’ member
- Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
- ESPN, Fox, Warner Bros. Discovery announce plans to launch sports streaming platform in the fall
Ranking
- Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
- Tyla wins first Best African Music Performance award for Water at 2024 Grammys
- Honda recalls more than 750,000 vehicles for airbag issue: Here's what models are affected
- We Found the Best Affordable Jewelry on Amazon That Looks High End
- Bodycam footage shows high
- Want to watch Super Bowl 2024 commercials before the big game? These ads are already live.
- Pennsylvania man charged with flying drone over Baltimore stadium during AFC championship game
- King Charles has cancer and we don’t know what kind. How we talk about it matters.
Recommendation
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Teachers’ union-backed group suing to stop tax money for A’s stadium plan in Las Vegas
Two years after deadly tornadoes, some Mayfield families are still waiting for housing
Census Bureau backpedals on changes to disabilities questions amid backlash
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Honda recalls 750,000 vehicles in U.S. to replace faulty air bags
Over 300,000 GMC, Chevrolet trucks recalled over concerns with tailgate's release system
Over 300,000 GMC, Chevrolet trucks recalled over concerns with tailgate's release system