Current:Home > reviewsBobby Bones Reacts to Julianne Hough Disagreeing With Dancing With the Stars Win -Wealth Evolution Experts
Bobby Bones Reacts to Julianne Hough Disagreeing With Dancing With the Stars Win
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 19:30:51
Bobby Bones is DisagreeingWith DancingWiththeStars just going to keep shining his Mirrorball Trophy.
After former Dancing With the Stars dance pro and current cohost Julianne Hough admitted she “strongly disagreed” with Bobby’s win the most out of the dance competition’s history, the radio DJ gave his candid thoughts in a video response, agreeing with Hough, whom he called “awesome.”
“Julianne Hough can get no slander from me,” the 44-year-old, whose real name is Bobby Estell, said of the dancer in a Aug. 19 Instagram video. “I was the worst dancer. I take pride in that. Now, I tried as hard as anybody in the history of the show, but I can’t dance now. I couldn’t dance then.”
Despite admitting that he wasn’t as light on his feet as others, Bobby was still proud of his 2018 win alongside partner Sharna Burgess.
“We did it together. I’m the greatest champion ever,” he declared. “I’m a man of the people. I’m the man that you guys selected!”
After Bobby's win, DWTS tweaked the rules so that judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Derek Hough could save one of the bottom two couples from elimination, and the DJ credited his win with the show’s adjustment.
“I’m a terrible dancer. I was a terrible dancer,” Bobby said. “But they changed the rules after I left because the fan vote was so good.”
During her Aug. 18 appearance on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, Julianne, who has previously served as a judge on DWTS, was asked to name the winner of the show she “strongly disagreed” with.
Fellow guest Mickey Guyton named Bobby and Julianne agreed with the pick.
Julianne nodded, adding, “I actually agree with you. And I think it's because of the fan base. It's all about fan base on that show. He was not the best dancer.”
As for the contestants that impressed her the most, Julianne listed her five favorites, including Kellie Pickler, Xochitl Gomez, Iman, Adam Carolla and Apollo Ohno.
Julianne is returning as a cohost of the upcoming season of DWTS, which premieres Sept. 18.
“It’s family and it’s home,” Julianne said of the show on Good Morning America Aug. 13. “That’s where I feel like I belong being on that show.”
veryGood! (2)
Related
- Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
- TikTok is obsessed with cucumbers. It's because of the viral 'cucumber boy.'
- Man who pulled gun after Burger King worker wouldn’t take drugs for payment gets 143 years in prison
- Nick Jonas Details How Wife Priyanka Chopra Helps Him Prepare for Roles
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- TikTok is obsessed with cucumbers. It's because of the viral 'cucumber boy.'
- Fake Heiress Anna Delvey Shares Devious Message as She Plots Social Media Return
- RHOC's Alexis Bellino Threatens to Expose Videos of Shannon Beador From Night of DUI
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- The Daily Money: Inflation eased in July
Ranking
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- Ukraine’s swift push into the Kursk region shocked Russia and exposed its vulnerabilities
- Alaska State Troopers beat, stunned and used dog in violent arrest of wrong man, charges say
- Notre Dame suspends men's swimming team over gambling violations, troubling misconduct
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Don't Miss Out on lululemon's Rarest Finds: $69 Align Leggings (With All Sizes in Stock), $29 Tops & More
- Honolulu mayor vows tougher approach on homelessness
- Don't Miss Out on lululemon's Rarest Finds: $69 Align Leggings (With All Sizes in Stock), $29 Tops & More
Recommendation
Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
Fake Heiress Anna Delvey Shares Devious Message as She Plots Social Media Return
A planned float in NYC’s India Day Parade is anti-Muslim and should be removed, opponents say
Massachusetts governor says deals have been reached to keep some threatened hospitals open
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
Massachusetts governor says deals have been reached to keep some threatened hospitals open
South Carolina man suing Buc-ee's says he was injured by giant inflatable beaver: Lawsuit
10 service members injured, airlifted after naval training incident in Nevada: Reports