Current:Home > MarketsAlgosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Cassie Ventura reacts to Sean "Diddy" Combs video of apparent attack in hotel -Wealth Evolution Experts
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center-Cassie Ventura reacts to Sean "Diddy" Combs video of apparent attack in hotel
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-07 05:55:24
Cassie Ventura has reacted to newly released surveillance video that appears to show her ex-boyfriend Sean "Diddy" Combs attacking her in a hotel. The Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Centersinger, who previously sued the rapper and businessman for years of alleged abuse, thanked people for the outpouring of support.
Ventura's November lawsuit against Combs was settled the day after it was filed, but Combs soon faced several more suits and a federal criminal sex-trafficking investigation.
In her suit, Cassie describes a 2016 incident at an InterContinental Hotel in the Century City area of Los Angeles, which matches the details of the surveillance video recently released by CNN. The suit alleges Combs paid the hotel $50,000 for the security video and is unclear how CNN obtained it. Combs has denied the allegations in the lawsuit.
Combs has since posted a video on social media apologizing for the incident in the video, saying his behavior was "inexcusable" and he takes "full responsibility" for his actions.
Now, Ventura, 37, has broken her silence, sharing a statement on social media Thursday. "The outpouring of love has created a place for my younger self to settle and feel safe now, but this is only the beginning," she wrote.
"Domestic violence is THE issue. It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become," she said. "With a lot of hard work, I am better today but I will always be recovering from my past."
She asked people to open their hearts and believe victims. "It takes a lot of heart to tell the truth about a situation that you were powerless in," she said.
Following the release of the video, Douglas Wigdor, an attorney for Cassie who has filed other lawsuits against Combs, released a statement calling it "gut-wrenching."
The video "has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of Mr. Combs," he said. "Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura has shown in coming forward to bring this to light."
Combs has faced several allegations since Ventura filed her lawsuit in November. A woman alleged he sexually assaulted her in 1991 and another claimed he and two other men raped her when she was 17 in 2003. Combs' legal team have taken action to dismiss parts or the entirety of these suits.
In March, search warrants of his Los Angeles and Miami homes were conducted by Homeland Security in their sex-trafficking investigation, which is continuing.
Combs has not been charged and his lawyer said the investigation is a "a gross use of military-level force."
Caitlin O'KaneCaitlin O'Kane is a New York City journalist who works on the CBS News social media team as a eenior manager of content and production. She writes about a variety of topics and produces "The Uplift," CBS News' streaming show that focuses on good news.
veryGood! (77267)
Related
- Military service academies see drop in reported sexual assaults after alarming surge
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Friday the 13th luck? 13 past Mega Millions jackpot wins in December. See top 10 lottery prizes
- Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- Trump's 'stop
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- Could your smelly farts help science?
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- Woman dies after Singapore family of 3 gets into accident in Taiwan
Ranking
- The city of Chicago is ordered to pay nearly $80M for a police chase that killed a 10
- Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- See you latte: Starbucks plans to cut 30% of its menu
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
Recommendation
North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
Toyota to invest $922 million to build a new paint facility at its Kentucky complex