Current:Home > NewsVin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit -Wealth Evolution Experts
Vin Diesel to stay with 'Fast and Furious' franchise after sexual assault lawsuit
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-07 01:26:08
Vin Diesel's "Fast and Furious" ride isn't over.
Diesel took to Instagram in his first public remarks about his role in the action movie series since a former assistant accused him of sexual assault in a December lawsuit. He said the "Fast" franchise writers and production team's excitement for the saga's final film was "incredibly powerful" in an Instagram post Friday.
"While everyone was heading into the weekend amped and excited, I thought of you all… reminded of the countless moments when your enthusiasm and passion became the driving force behind our creative journey," Vin Diesel said.
"Fast 11" follows last year's "Fast X," the film's tenth movie which starred Vin Diesel as Dominic "Dom" Torreto opposite Jason Momoa. "Fast 11" will mark the final installment in the beloved movie franchise.
"Your commitment to our saga has had a unique impact on its success and evolution… as my youngest daughter would say, it’s profound," the father of three told his 102 million Instagram followers.
Vin Diesel thanked "Fast and Furious" fans for their support in the statement.
"This grand finale is not just an ending; it’s a celebration of the incredible family we’ve built together," he said.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson declares endto Vin Diesel feud, will appear in next 'Fast and Furious'
Vin Diesel lawsuit alleges actor sexually assaulted assistant in 2010 during 'Fast Five' filming
In December, Vin Diesel's former assistant Asta Jonasson alleges that the actor sexually assaulted her the fall of 2010 during the filming of "Fast Five" in a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles in December, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.
According to the lawsuit, Jonasson was hired by the actor's production company One Race to work for him in various capacities, including organizing and accompanying Diesel to parties and ensuring she was nearby in photos if the actor attended events without his longtime girlfriend.
"We are proud to represent Ms. Jonasson and hold accountable Vin Diesel and those who allowed and covered up his sexual assault. The law exists to protect those who have been wronged, no matter how powerful or famous the defendant is. Sexual harassment in the workplace will never stop if powerful men are protected from accountability," a lawyer from Greenberg Gross, the firm representing Jonasson, said in a statement.
"This is the first he has ever heard about this more than 13-year-old claim made by a purportedly 9-day employee," Freedman said in a statement. "There is clear evidence which completely refutes these outlandish allegations.”
Contributing: Melissa Ruggieri, Bryan Alexander
veryGood! (9)
Related
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Skip candy this Valentine's Day. Here are some healthier options
- Real Housewives' Melissa Gorga Is “Very Picky” About Activewear, but She Loves This $22 Sports Bra
- Pittsburgh Steelers cut QB Mitch Trubisky after two disappointing seasons
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Cetaphil turns stolen Super Bowl ad claims into partnership with creator who accused company
- Labor board gives Dartmouth’s trustees more time to appeal as athletes prepare for union vote
- Zappos’ 25th Birthday Sale Is Full of Irresistible Shoe Deals From Steve Madden, Coach & More
- US wholesale inflation accelerated in November in sign that some price pressures remain elevated
- Everyone should attend 'Abbott Elementary'
Ranking
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Dies Aboard 9-Month Ultimate World Cruise
- Sally Field says 'Steel Magnolias' director was 'very hard' on Julia Roberts: 'It was awful'
- Connecticut, Purdue hold top spots as USA TODAY Sports men's basketball poll gets shuffled
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp sets the stage to aid Texas governor’s border standoff with Biden
- 10 Things I Hate About You Actor Andrew Keegan Responds to Claims He Ran a Cult
- Man behind gender reveal that sparked El Dorado fire in Southern California pleads guilty
Recommendation
Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
Everything you need to know about Selection Sunday as March Madness appears on the horizon
Witness testifies he didn’t see a gun in the hand of a man who was killed by an Ohio deputy
Killer Mike says 'all of my heroes have been in handcuffs' after Grammys arrest
Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
We're not the only ones with an eclipse: Mars rover captures moon whizzing by sun's outline
Trump indicates he would encourage Russian aggression against NATO allies who don't meet spending targets
His prison sentence was 60-150 years. But Native American Efrain Hidalgo is finally free.