Current:Home > StocksPredictIQ-Post-Tucker Carlson, Fox News hopes Jesse Watters will bring back viewers -Wealth Evolution Experts
PredictIQ-Post-Tucker Carlson, Fox News hopes Jesse Watters will bring back viewers
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 20:22:05
Fox News is PredictIQrevamping its prime-time lineup amid a recent ratings decline triggered by the ouster of Tucker Carlson in April.
The new schedule puts Jesse Watters Primetime in Carlson's old 8 p.m. slot, with Watters also to remain a co-host on The Five. Laura Ingraham's The Ingraham Angle will shift from 10 p.m. to 7 p.m., while Sean Hannity's Hannity will remain at 9 p.m. Gutfeld!, hosted by conservative comedian Greg Gutfeld, will move to 10 p.m.
In addition, the 11 p.m. hour will now be the home to Fox News @ Night, anchored by Trace Gallagher.
"Fox News Channel has been America's destination for news and analysis for more than 21 years and we are thrilled to debut a new lineup," Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott said in a statement. "The unique perspectives of Laura Ingraham, Jesse Watters, Sean Hannity, and Greg Gutfeld will ensure our viewers have access to unrivaled coverage from our best-in-class team for years to come."
The new lineup takes effect July 17.
The Rupert Murdoch-owned news network yanked Carlson off the air after settling a massive defamation lawsuit with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million over the network's airing of bogus claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential election. Fox News and Carlson have also been sued for a hostile work environment by a former senior producer who alleged his show was rife with bigotry and sexism.
The conservative provocateur became a star at the network by spewing xenophobic and often hateful rhetoric that appeals to the far right. More recently he amassed an even greater following by claiming that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was harmless and also simultaneously arranged by antifa and the FBI.
Watters, who first joined the news network in 2002 as a production assistant, is also no stranger to controversy. He was one of several right-wing media personalities who have promoted the false narrative that drag is a left-wing plot to sexualize children. Following the mass shooting at Colorado's Club Q last year, Watters falsely said drag shows were designed to "change the mainstream opinion of fringe sexual activity, including, but not limited to, sex with children."
He also received blowback after urging young conservatives to "ambush" the nation's former top infectious disease expert, Anthony Fauci, and "go in for the kill shot."
Despite his dismissal from Fox News, Carlson is still under contract with the network, which says he is not allowed to launch a competing show until his contract ends in early 2025.
But that hasn't stopped him from starting a new one anyway. Earlier this month, he premiered Tucker on Twitter, short 10 to 15 minute long videos that are more monologue than talk show.
Fox News has sent Carlson a cease and desist letter saying he is in violation of his deal.
veryGood! (4521)
Related
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- 'Regression to the mean' USWNT's recent struggles are no predictor of game vs. Sweden
- Governments are gathering to talk about the Amazon rainforest. Why is it so important to protect?
- GM confirms future wage hike for UAW members, but other demands 'threaten' company health
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Where did 20,000 Jews hide from the Holocaust? In Shanghai
- Twitch Streamer Kai Cenat Taken Into Police Custody at Massive New York Giveaway Event
- Jake Paul's fight vs. Nate Diaz: Prediction as oddsmakers predict mismatch
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Vermont’s flood-wracked capital city ponders a rebuild with one eye on climate change
Ranking
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Chicago police shoot, critically wound man who opened fire on officers during foot chase
- Two years after Tokyo, Simone Biles is coming back from ‘the twisties.’ Not every gymnast does
- Baby monitor recall: Philips Avent recalls monitors after batteries can cause burns, damage
- Behind on your annual reading goal? Books under 200 pages to read before 2024 ends
- How high school activism put Barbara Lee on the path to Congress — and a fight for Dianne Feinstein's seat
- Abortion fight this fall drives early voter surge for Ohio special election next week
- Students have already begun landing internships for summer 2024
Recommendation
Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
'Barbie' movie will now be released in the United Arab Emirates, after monthlong delay
'Barbie' movie will now be released in the United Arab Emirates, after monthlong delay
Simone Biles Makes Golden Return to Competitive Gymnastics After 2-Year Break
The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
Florida officials tell state schools to teach AP Psychology 'in its entirety'
How news of Simone Biles' gymnastics comeback got spilled by a former NFL quarterback
Investigators identify Minnesota trooper who killed Black driver, activists call for charges