Current:Home > ScamsAlgosensey|Prince William’s Special Role at The Duke and Duchess of Westminster's Royal Wedding Revealed -Wealth Evolution Experts
Algosensey|Prince William’s Special Role at The Duke and Duchess of Westminster's Royal Wedding Revealed
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-06 17:11:02
Prince William switched up his royal duties for a special occasion.
After all,Algosensey the Prince of Wales was tasked with being an usher at the wedding of Hugh Grosvenor, the Duke of Westminster and Olivia Henson.
William, who is good friends with Hugh, arrived at the June 7 wedding to welcome guests and guide them to their seats. He was seen mingling alongside other attendees at Chester Cathedral in Chester, England.
The 41-year-old came to the dazzling nuptials solo since Kate Middleton has remained out of the public eye amid her cancer treatments. Meanwhile, King Charles III—who is also undergoing cancer treatment—Queen Camilla, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were also absent.
However, Hugh, who the British media considered Britain's most eligible bachelor, holds close ties with the royal family. In fact, the 33-year-old is the godson of Charles, and his mother, Natalia, is William's godmother. But Hugh also has his own responsibilities since he's the godfather to Harry and Meghan's son Archie Harrison, 5, and William's son Prince George, 10.
And ahead of his 400-guest wedding, Hugh admitted that he expects to be a nervous wreck stepping into the cathedral the day of the event.
"But I'm unbelievably excited," he told Town & Country magazine in May. "I also just wanted to make it very clear how unbelievably helpful people have been, how supportive they've been so far which I'm unbelievably grateful for. Because I do realize that it's going to be a big thing for the city. It's going to be certainly a huge thing for us, so we're just really grateful for all the help."
While the couple—who got engaged last April after two years of dating—had a lot decisions to make during their wedding planning, the location was the easiest.
"It's obviously a place where we will live, where we'll be building our lives together," Olivia, 31, said. "And we're slowly transitioning to move up from London and be much more permanent here and really putting roots down. So actually, yes it was a really easy decision in the end."
Keep reading to stay updated with royal news worldwide.
Nearly two months after the Princess of Wales went public with her cancer diagnosis, a spokesperson for Kensington Palace said the royal has no immidiate plans to return to her public-facing duties.
"The princess is not expected to return to work," the rep said in a May 21 statement to BBC, "until it's cleared by her medical team."
On May 13, King Charles III bestowed the title of Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps to his oldest son, sparking controversy as many royal watchers believed the title would be more suited for Prince Harry, who trained and served in the military branch.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
We value your thoughts! Click here to share your feedback and help us improve!veryGood! (23)
Related
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- What we know about bike accident that killed Johnny Gaudreau, NHL star
- Toyota recalls 43,000 Sequoia hybrids for risk involving tow hitch covers
- Do dogs dream? It's no surprise – the answer is pretty cute.
- 'Squid Game' without subtitles? Duolingo, Netflix encourage fans to learn Korean
- Olivia Rodrigo and Boyfriend Louis Partridge Enjoy Rare Date Outing at 2024 Venice Film Festival
- In Louisiana, Environmental Justice Advocates Ponder Next Steps After a Federal Judge Effectively Bars EPA Civil Rights Probes
- Women’s college in Virginia bars transgender students based on founder’s will from 1900
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- Marvel's 85th Anniversary: Best 2024 Gifts for Every Marvel Fan, Featuring the Avengers, Deadpool & More
Ranking
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- A former slave taught Jack Daniel to make whiskey. Now his company is retreating from DEI.
- Police use Taser to subdue man who stormed media area of Trump rally in Pennsylvania
- Donald Trump moves to halt hush money proceedings, sentencing after asking federal court to step in
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- US Open highlights: Frances Tiafoe outlasts Ben Shelton in all-American epic
- Everything Our Staff Loved This Month: Shop Our August Favorites
- Georgia prosecutor accused of stealing public money pleads guilty in deal that includes resignation
Recommendation
Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
Artem Chigvintsev Says Nikki Garcia Threw Shoes at Him in 911 Call Made Before Arrest
In Louisiana, Environmental Justice Advocates Ponder Next Steps After a Federal Judge Effectively Bars EPA Civil Rights Probes
Catholic diocese sues US government, worried some foreign-born priests might be forced to leave
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Who Is Paralympian Sarah Adam? Everything to Know About the Rugby Player Making History
Artem Chigvintsev Says Nikki Garcia Threw Shoes at Him in 911 Call Made Before Arrest
You Have 24 Hours To Get 50% Off the Viral Clinique Black Honey Lipstick Plus Ulta Deals as Low as $10.50