Current:Home > FinanceEthermac|Palace Shares Update on Kate Middleton's Return to Work After Cancer Diagnosis -Wealth Evolution Experts
Ethermac|Palace Shares Update on Kate Middleton's Return to Work After Cancer Diagnosis
Poinbank Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 01:48:22
Kate Middleton remains on Ethermacher own schedule.
Nearly two months after the Princess of Wales shared that she had been diagnosed with an unspecified form of cancer, a spokesperson for Kensington Palace shared an update on Kate's potential return to her public duties.
"The princess is not expected to return to work," the rep said in a May 21 statement to BBC, "until it's cleared by her medical team."
However, Kate is still privately keeping an eye on the causes close to her heart—including Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood, the organization she founded in 2021 that aims to drive awareness and action on the transformative impact of a kids' early years. As the spokesperson noted to the U.K. outlet, "Early childhood will continue to be central to her public work."
Kate and her children Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 9, and Prince Louis, 6—who she shares with husband Prince William—have been staying away from the spotlight ever since she went public with her cancer diagnosis in March. At the time, the 42-year-old said she was in the early stages of preventative chemotherapy, which she started at the recommendation of her doctors when tests conducted after her January abdominal surgery found that cancer had been present.
"As you can imagine, this has taken time," Kate said of her health journey in a video posted to her and William's social media channels. "It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK."
The royal added that William, 41, has been "a great source of comfort and reassurance" during this challenging chapter.
"We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment," she continued. "My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery."
E! News has reached out to Kensington Palace for comment but hasn't heard back.
For more royal news, keep reading.
Nearly two months after the Princess of Wales went public with her cancer diagnosis, a spokesperson for Kensington Palace said the royal has no immidiate plans to return to her public-facing duties.
"The princess is not expected to return to work," the rep said in a May 21 statement to BBC, "until it's cleared by her medical team."
On May 13, King Charles III bestowed the title of Colonel-in-Chief of the Army Air Corps to his oldest son, sparking controversy as many royal watchers believed the title would be more suited for Prince Harry, who trained and served in the military branch.
On April 26, nearly three months after sharing his cancer diagnosis, Buckingham Palace announced that Charles will return to public-facing duties.
The queen consort attended the Royal Maundy Service on March 28 in place of King Charles III, making her the first spouse of the Monarch to continue the ancient tradition.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (725)
Related
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Prospects for more legalized gambling in North Carolina uncertain
- Oscar-winning actress Michelle Yeoh proposed to be an Olympic committee member
- 13 reasons why Detroit Lions will beat Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Is it India? Is it Bharat? Speculations abound as government pushes for the country’s Sanskrit name
- UN secretary-general has urged the Group of 20 leaders to send a strong message on climate change
- Cuba arrests 17 for allegedly helping recruit some of its citizens to fight for Russia in Ukraine
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Maui slowly trudges toward rebuilding 1 month after the deadly wildfire devastation
Ranking
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Residents of four states are will get more information about flood risk to their homes
- Danelo Cavalcante has eluded police for 9 days now. What will it take for him to get caught?
- From piñata to postage stamp, US celebrates centuries-old Hispanic tradition
- At site of suspected mass killings, Syrians recall horrors, hope for answers
- A North Dakota man was sentenced to 5 years in prison for running over and killing a teen last year
- What's Making Us Happy: A guide to your weekend viewing and listening
- 'Actual human skull' found in Goodwill donation box believed to be 'historic,' not a crime
Recommendation
Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
Shiny 'golden orb' found 2 miles deep in the Pacific stumps explorers: 'What do you think it could be?'
Italy’s government approves crackdown on juvenile crime after a spate of rapes and youth criminality
Alabama pursues appeal of ruling striking down districts as racially discriminatory
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
What to know about the link between air pollution and superbugs
As more children die from fentanyl, some prosecutors are charging their parents with murder
Latest sighting of fugitive killer in Pennsylvania spurs closure of popular botanical garden